Acne is a multifactorial skin condition characterized by inflammation of the hair-fatty follicle. It is observed in all age groups but the most typical manifestations are seen in teenagers. Rashes are observed on the face, back and chest, manifested as comedones, papules, pustules, cysts and residual scars from them. Acne affects the psychological status of patients, causes low self-esteem, social isolation, anxiety disorders, decreases the patient’s quality of life.
Causes of acne
Although it is a common skin condition, the causes of occurrence of acne are not completely clear. Nevertheless, the following factors are considered to be major:
- Hormonal imbalance;
- Bacterial causes – mainly P. acnes, Staph. Aureus;
- Hereditary factors;
- Environmental factors – work environment, hygiene routine, diet.
They lead to:
- Increased sebum secretion;
- Hyperkeratinization – formation of a plug in the hair follicle due to excessive accumulation of keratinocytes;
- Increased reproduction of bacterial flora;
- Formation of an inflammatory response – formation of pustules, nodules and cysts.
Symptoms of acne
Depending on the types of manifestation of acne, different symptoms may be observed:
- Increased secretion of sebum;
- Open comedones – black dots forming when sebum, which contains melanin, is oxidized and changes its colour to brown or black.
- Closed comedones – white dots under the skin surface caused by accumulated sebum. In the majority of cases, closed scabs turn to erythematous papules with secondary bacterial reproduction.
- Papules – red, elevated, mildly painful;
- Pustules – inflammatory rash, red in colour, usually containing whitish secretion;
- Cysts – purulent lesions accompanied by pain and itching;
- Nodules – large, solid, rounded, deep-set, leaving scars and depigmentation after healing, particularly in patients with dark skin;
- Scars – fibrotic connective tissue is formed following resolved inflammation. The severity of scars depends on the type of the patient’s skin and the level of inflammatory response by the skin. Scars may vary in shape and size, be at the level of the skin, atrophic, hypertrophic or keloids.
Types of acne
Beside the described rash units, acne may manifest as:
- Κοινή ακμή(ακμή κατά την εφηβεία)
- After puberty – typical in women above 25 years of age, exacerbating with stress;
- Rare types of systemic involvement – Аcne fulminans, Acne conglobata;
- Neonatal acne;
- Κυστική ακμή;
- Acne in childhood;
- Acne caused by medication intake;
- Mechanically caused acne (Mascne).
Treatment of acne
Cutera excel V+
Cutera excel V+ is a new generation of laser technology designed to treat various types of vascular lesions such as: broken capillary network, small- to medium-sized veins, diffuse redness as well as active types of acne and red residual scars.
The laser has three tips:
- Genesis V – combines two lengths of laser beam (532 and 1064 nm). It sends quick pulses aimed at non-ablative improvement of fine lines, treatment of diffuse redness and rosacea as well as scars;
- Cool view – combines two lengths of laser beam (532 and 1064 nm). It is designed to treat benign vascular and pigmented changes, mild to moderate active acne;
- Dermastat – it is designed to treat subtle vascular and pigmented lesions.
The three tips are combined even in a single visit in order to provide more comfort during the procedure and a minimal recovery period.
Benefits of treatment with Cutera excel V+
Administration with a simultaneous drug treatment is possible
No side effects
Applicable to all skin types
Even in the summer period
No recovery period
No interruption of daily work rhythm is required
For an effective treatment of acne, we recommend combining Cutera excel V+ with the following:
Cutera Cool view therapy with Genesis V in a single visit
This treatment has an anti-inflammatory effect, activates the regulatory mechanisms of the sebaceous gland functioning and relieves redness and inflammatory process.
Chemical peeling is a skin treatment for the purpose of a visibly improving tissue structure through the administration of different exfoliating solutions.
- SKIN TECH Easy Phytic Solution offers a combination of active acids such as the glycolic, lactic and mandelic acids combined with the antioxidating effect of phytic acid.
- PH Formula A.C. – specifically designed for correction of the main acne manifestations such as comedones, papules and pustules. They are designed to act against the factors causing acne – seborrhea, hyperkeratinization, microbial colonisation, inflammation.
A non-invasive instrumental procedure that uses mechanical exfoliation with fine diamond heads, abrasive crystals and vacuum to remove the superficial epidermal layer of skin.
Innovative therapy for deep facial cleansing and regeneration of skin using specially developed serums and controlled vacuum. The exfoliating serum is applicable on normal, dry and sensitive skin.
The composition is designed to exfoliate, deep-clean and hydrate by removing dead cells and making the skin smooth, soft and clean. The cleansing serum is applicable on oily and acneic skin. Emulsification and removal of sebum from oily skin, extraction of comedones and therapy for black dots. The moisturising serum constitutes an infiltration of hydrating and active ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What distinguishes the Cutera excel V+ procedure from other similar procedures?
A non-invasive technology for a discrete, safe and effective treatment with a visible constant result after each procedure, there are absolutely no undesired side effects. The procedure is relaxing and comfortable for the patient.
What areas can be treated?
Excellent results are achieved in the treatment in the areas of the face, neck and décolletage. Upon recommendation by your dermatologist, other body parts can also be treated.
What happens immediately after the procedure?
How many procedures are required?
Usually, achieving an optimal result requires 4 to 6 procedures with a 4-week interval. The effect is visible after the first procedure; however, it is insignificant in comparison to the achieved final result. Consult your dermatologist on the required number of procedures.
What are the contraindications to the performance of a Cutera excel V+ procedure?
Herpes and other skin infections in the treated area, malignant skin formations, pregnancy, epilepsy and other neurological diseases. Refer to the informed consent form which gives you additional information on the procedure itself and potential risks. It is also the informed consent form that you will sign before the administration of a procedure.
Before and After
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.